What's in a Bal Vihar?
- The Bal Vihar provides an opportunity for our children to discover their cultural bond with Bharat and develop pride in their Hindu identity
- It is open to children 5 years and above
- The Bal Vihar is a weekly 1½ hours program (or bi–weekly depending on the local needs).
- Our Bal vihars are balanced in their approach: physical, intellectual and spiritual.
- There is a balance of games, yoga and other physical activities along with challenging intellectual activities.
- Develop volunteer spirit in the children
- Encourage them to think about the society
- Help identify and develop leadership qualities in the youth
- Stress on the fundamental concept of universal connectedness and a sense of belonging to the global Hindu society.In a Bal Vihar the activities are balanced.
- The goal is to encourage character– building activities that will lay the foundations for developing future workers and leaders for the Hindu community in Americas.